Kris Murrays big fundraiser is coming up on June 25th at the Diamond Club at Angel Stadium. Her host committee contains quite the collection of interesting characters.
1. Matt Cunningham - discredited blogger and supporter of pedophile priest protector John Urell. Also known for outing sex abuse victims. Currently he is working for The Anaheim Chamber of Commerce for which he writes AnaheimBlog.net. Read all about his past here:
2. Steven Chavez Lodge - named one of 2012's Scariest People by OC Weekly
"Steve Lodge has gone by Steve Lodge professionally for decades, but when he announced an Anaheim City Council run this year, he decided to use Steve Chavez Lodge. (Chavez is his birth surname.) The reason for the sudden Mexican love? Anaheim has a huge Latino electorate but no Latino council members. Activists sued to prohibit Lodge from using his newfound name for the election; they lost. But Lodge can't escape his past as a dirty Santa Ana cop who beat up a jaywalker so badly a federal jury fined him $612,000. And there was also the 2001 case in which Lodge had a man wrongfully imprisoned for murder for more than a year—until prosecutors dropped all charges Meanwhile, Lodge's campaign signs keep getting tagged with "pocho," which is Mexican Spanish for "Steve Lodge."
3. Kerry Condon - head of the APA who lied and distorted the truth regarding civilian oversight. Read all about his actions here:
4. Jill Kanzler - the leader of Screw Our Anaheim Residents (SOAR). This groups sole mission is to divert as much tax revenue to Disney related projects.
5. Bill O'Connell - the wealthy out of town developer that managed to manipulate the corrupt council majority, with the help of Curt Pringle, to secure $158 miliion in future tax revenue to build two privately owned hotels.
6. Curt Pringle - The Master of the Universe and the man responsible for the financial state the city was in when Mayor Tait took over. He is also the mastermind behind the $158 million GardenWalk Hotel Giveaway, the $319 million Disney streetcar, the $184 million ARTIC train station, the Platinum "ghost town" Triangle mess, and countless other wastes of taxpayer funds.
7. Bill Taormina - a man who has made his millions off of government contracts. A man who told me that "My financial support of Lodge came early and I cannot un-ring that bell. I wish he would have told me about his past. However, as a direct result of this lack of disclosure, and, the recent attacks on you, I have resolved NEVER to donate another penny to ANY political candidate in Anaheim or anywhere else."
So much for promises Bill.