The council majority aka The Giveaway 3 led by Kris Murray have announced their decision to hire two law firms Atkinson — Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo; and Nielsen, Merksamer, Parranello, Gross & Leoni — to fight the ACLU lawsuit that seeks to create council districts in the City of Anaheim.
So let's tally up all the reasons why Kris Murray and Gail Eastman are bad for Anaheim:
1. Kris Murray and Gail Eastman voted to give a private developer over $158 million in tax subsidies to build two luxury hotels at the failed GardenWalk Mall. That TOT revenue should have gone to help strengthen our communities and not the wallet of developer Bill O'Connell.
2. Kris Murray and Gail Eastman refuse to allow the residents of Anaheim to approve future giveaways of our tax money.
3. Kris Murray and Gail Eastman are against council districts which would allow candidates with lessor means to have a chance at a seat on the Anaheim City Council. In addition it would give Latino residents better representation on the council hopefully.
4. Kris Murray and Gail Eastman gave Bike Nation free public land to rent out their bikes to tourists.
5. Kris Murray and Gail Eastman were bought and paid for by Disney, SOAR, OCBC, OCTAX, Anaheim Chamber of Commerce, and wealthy developers.
6. Kris Murray and Gail Eastman don't care about the standard of living of the residents of Anaheim. Graffiti, trash, constant garage sales, and slumlord properties continue to go unchecked under their rule.